Friday 27 May 2016

Song of the Day 1

This part of my blog is where I choose a song that emulates my day or is one of my faves.

Today's pick is Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks!








I chose this song today partly because it was the first classic English rock I ever heard and partly because a lyric from this song is the inspiration for this blog title. I was just going to include a lyric video or audio for the YouTube video but when I found this video of Ray really singing from the heart I thought it presented the emotional rawness and simplicity in a way I had never noticed from just a recording. The sweat pouring from his face almost looks like tears to me and we can see that this era defining anthem really was a new step forward for song subject matter and that not every song had to be about a girl or boy or love but the pleasure you can receive from familiarity and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment